Monday, September 04, 2006

Wide Calf Boots

As promised, here are some choices for those of ladies who need a little extra room.


As always, Torrid has a fairly wide selection for pretty good prices. I have found with Torrid shoes that they are not always the best quality, but if you're looking at a pair of boots that are somewhat trendy for the season, spending under $60 is a good idea. My favorites are the Black Anika Faux Suede and the Brown Katie Double Buckle Slouch Wedge. The black ones would rock a skirt, knee length or longer and the camel ones are just a gorgeous color and easier on the feet.

I am happy to report, that as a dutiful fashion blogger, I have bought the Anika Faux Suede boots in black and they in fact rock knee length skirts, a long black skirt, and the work-worthy bermuda shorts (post to follow soon - it's been in the works for awhile since blogger hasn't been letting me post pictures).

You'll notice that I'm not recommending boots with heels like this. I happen to love them, but for me, I walk kinda hard and I end up messing up these kinds of heels where the little protective end on the heel gets worn off. You can have them replaced for about $10, and as a matter of fact, I have a pair of slingbacks that I love and that I have had the little guys replaced. Please note that I am not suggesting anyone wear lavander or leopard print boots, but the style is nice and you can get them in solid colors.

Silhouettes has some great choices with prices from $60-$120, like the aforementioned pointy toed/heeled variety. Then these black ones - they're Naturalizer, so they're probably uber-comfy. Finally, these dress boots are a little more expensive at $149 but fabulously classic.

Go forth and look sexy!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home