Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Awkward In Between-Summer-and-Fall Transition

While I love fashion, there are many things about the fashion world that I can't stand. One of those things is the push by retailers into fall clothes in August, when it's still 90 degrees out. I started this post in August, and now in the first week of September, we actually have an early taste of fall with weather in the 70s. This week is a bit warmer, but the following clothes work for this in-between time.

A little bit of something summer/something fall that I purchased in August then put together that worked really well both last month and now...these great shorts from Lane Bryant. There is also the subtle pinstriped variety. Better to take a look at them in the store, but they look just as great as the solid colors. Maybe even a bit more polished. I was initially really skeptical of this look, but I tried it and it really does look chic. And paired with heels, my legs look long and more shapely.

I paired them with a kimono shirt from Target I got at the beginning of the summer season, but check out these alternatives. Try this kimono sleeved top from Old Navy Women's Plus or this one also available in regular sizes. My black one makes me look 10 lbs thinner - I'm shocked that stripes and 'thinner' go together. Or the gorgeous greenish/blue one from Kiyonna. Love that color.


And to finish off, I wore these much imitated shoes. Mine are from Payless, on sale for $20 (mine are in black though, check your local store). Or get them from Target in black patent leather or brown suede for $26.99. Not into wedges? Check out these heels, also from Payless, available in wide for $14.99, which is why I bought them. One more pair of shoes - Stella Round Toe Wedges, Xhliration by Target and so freaking cute with the shorts and with long pants. And like I said in my last post, the Black Anika boots from Torrid look awesome with the shorts. I can't wait to wear the boots with the shorts.

Bonus? These will all translate into fall either together with a jacket + patterned tights or separately with other items, like the aforementioned boots (don't need tights!). I saw a gorgeous photo of that in September's Lucky. These herringbone tights are really pretty and would look great with either of the shoes above.

Happy not-quite-fall, everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home