Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Kate Hudson's Outfit - the Plus Version

I'm a big fan of the Frugal Fashionista blog. It's a great idea, and the outfits they pick to give info on are super-cute. This post caught my eye b/c I think Kate Hudson looks fabulous. I think she looks fabulous most of the time, especially now that she might have snagged herself a Wilson brother (even if it isn't the really cute one…I think Luke Wilson would be nice arm candy…) Ahem. I digress.

I'm not sure that as a plus-size fashionista I could pull off this look (pic from Frugal Fashionista), b/c I have tried the wide belt thing and I just can't drop it like it's hot. Although, this look reminds me of a cardigan that has caught my eye at Old Navy. I noticed it a couple of weeks ago and I keep wandering back to it. I haven't seen it in store, so I don't know what it looks like on. It looks really interesting though. I have something somewhat similar in much looser knit that hits below the knee and it looks really nice. Methinks this sweater has potential. Also comes in black.

Especially if you other plus-ionistas (does that sound dumb? Probably.) can rock the wide belt, then try it. Here are the rest of the pieces, in plus versions. My denim savior is Jeanstar, which you can purchase at Macy's (formerly Hecht's, Foleys, etc). I have this pair of jeans and I worship them. The color is close to Katie H's too.
This is the closest belt I could find just doing a quick search. White tank - you can take the belt off, I believe, and I actually think it's kinda cute - might look cute under the sweater if you decide against the belt over the whole ensemble. Can't beat Frugal-Fashionista's find of those leopard flats for $17!

And just because, here's a cute new bag style from AKO, who partners with Frugal Fashionista. It's also a Fiori inspired, which obviously I'm seriously digging (see my previous post on fall bags from AKOStyle).
If you ladies have any requests to replicate outfits for plus-size, send them in. I'll do my best!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home