Monday, November 13, 2006

Finds from Victoria's Secret

Those are words I never thought I'd post on my blog. I realize this is more of a post for those of us plus size ladies who also fit into the XL sizes for shops like Vicki's. However, I think these finds are interesting and cute enough to post, not just your everyday sweaters and tops.

I have to qualify this first find with the fact that it might only look good on Gisele, b/c let's face it. She's Gisele. I think this sweater is first, a beautiful red and second, it's very interesting and could look fabulous with the right pair of black pants or skirt. It would also look great with your hair up or down, and all kinds of shoes. I'm thinking about getting it for my office holiday party.

The second find is a boyfriend cut v-neck cashmere sweater for $39. It comes in 8 colors, and I think all the colors are gorgeous (not a huge fan of the white though). I bought a black cashmere cardi from Filene's Basement with buttons and a tie and it's one of the nicest, chicest and flattering items I wear this season - with jeans, with a trumpet skirt, with pants, whatever. Vicki's has a long cashmere cardi too, minus the tie, also for $39. $39 for cashmere!! You could always find a skinny belt to put over this, though. It sounds weird, especially for us plus ladies, but don't knock it till ya try it!

On a completely unrelated (and slightly bitchy) side note, the model wearing the long buttoned cardi looks like a scared-to-death or severely confused cross between Shakira and Heidi Klum, but not nearly as pretty as either of them. I find this odd.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alison Santighian said...

Are you going to buy the red sweater? If you don't, I might! It's fabulously decadent, I think. And elegant & sophisticated, too.

At least on Gisele

4:28 PM  
Blogger Carrie M said...

DCC - Even if I do buy it, get it if you like it! We don't work at the same place, so we can't turn up at the same Holiday party! :-)

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Blackjack Trainer said...

The valuable information

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home