Thursday, November 09, 2006

Wrap Dresses

Lately, I've got a thing for wrap dresses, but I've been very wary of trying them b/c they're not very forgiving around the midsection, which honestly isn't my best feature. Maybe someone slipped me a subconcious Diane VonFurstenburg hint or something. But here are my favorites, nonetheless, for those of you braver than I.

This zebra dress from b&lu could definitely be tricky b/c zebra print isn't exactly the easiest thing to pull off. I'm intrigued with it anyway. This other one from b&lu is also interesting to me for some reason, but still could be tricky. Still like it though. I can picture wearing the Daisy wedges with either of these. Of course a great staple would be tall black boots.

This first one isn't quite a classic wrap dress, but the print is nice and not as dangerous, and this has the rouching in the middle to distract from trouble areas. And another one from Size Appeal, although another touchy pattern. But a very, very cute dress, and I love the retro feel to it. I've always liked paisley patterns - when I was a teenager taking guitar lessons, my guitar teacher had this guitar that was pink paisley (no, he wasn't Prince's younger cousin) and it was my favorite. Anyway, this paisley one is from Igigi.

A must for any dress, in my humble opinion? Spanx. I bought my first pair for a dress I wore to a wedding over the summer and I was blown away over how big of a difference it made, in my eyes. And therefore, in my confidence. Since it was a summer wedding, I got the full tummy coverage/shorts combo since I didn't have to cover my legs. Here's a winter-worthy pair from Torrid, and only $20. I paid $36 for mine at Lane Bryant, and sometimes I can find them at Filene's basement. They really are hidden WONDERS.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Basic Craps said...

Bravo, what phrase..., a magnificent idea

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home