Tuesday, November 07, 2006

My Last Few Purchases

Sorry for the long absence, for anyone who might actually read this blog, besides my peeps dcceline and babsied. I've been completely uninspired by fashion lately, although two weekends ago I broke my fashion fast and bought a few items.

First stop, the Leesburg Outlets to get some fall shoes. I found four pairs: a pair of black boots (ankle but not the uber trendy ones you are supposed to wear with leggings or something else unflattering on me), a gorgeous black leather stacked wedges, heeled tailored round toed loafers in a gorgeous oxblood, and a pair of black and grey slip on sneakers. The best part? Two pairs were from Aerosoles, two from Naturalizer. I can't seem to find the Aerosoles, but here are the Naturalizer, and the black ones my favorite pair. And they come in wide, so I was happy. If I paid full price, you're damn skippy I was happy!

I've also test driven all of them for a full work day, which is about 2 miles from when I leave my apartment and when I get back, and they all were okay. I wouldn't live in them, but two miles is pretty good.

I decided to hit up Old Navy for some fall/winter staples like long sleeved shirts and sweaters. Pretty basic finds, but pretty colors. In addition to these, a couple of three quarter sleeve, scoop neck gathered cotton shirts in a nice burgundy (more on the pink side than red) and an eggplant color. I haven't figured out what I'm going to wear with the birdie shirt, other than jeans. And even that's iffy b/c I don't have a brown cover up/cardi. I also picked up two v-neck wool sweaters - one black, on eggplant. I almost picked up the color in the picture, but I have a sweater from Old Navy last season very similar to that color.

So yes, these finds are rather pedestrian, but my fashion gut tells me to stick to classic and flattering when I'm not loving the trends. I went on a date and wore the boots with jeans and my grey/black striped vee sweater from Old Navy that I blogged about, and then got to wear the black vee sweater with purple scoopneck and the new sneakers on the next date. And hey, I still got another date! So they're good purchases, methinks. ;-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Alison Santighian said...

Welcome back - and I'm so impressed that you worked the word "pedestrian" into a fashion blog ;-)

Agree - classic is the way to go when uninspired - that's when I pull out the big, sparkly $5 ring or red shoes, though, just for a little kick.

It's what I did today, and let's hope the generals (literally) like it.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Carrie M said...

Thank you! I'll try not to disappear like that again!

Those are always the pieces that get commented on, even by crusty old generals!

10:40 AM  
Blogger BabsieD said...

Yes, welcome back!

I agree--perfect staples are key. I've been trying for FOREVER to find the perfect black skirt and have had no luck. Ohohoh DCC--I may have to send that to you for your Q&A!

I love the wedges, too--those are fab!

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home