Saturday, November 25, 2006

'Tis the Season - Best Cocktail Dresses

It's official. The holiday season is upon us, which means evening holiday parties for some. Sadly, I don't have any to attend (yet), or at least any that would call for a cocktail dress. But oh how I love them. Here are the season's best, in my humble opinion.

I love red, but I love burgundy even more. This dress from Size Appeal isn't quite burgundy, but the black overlay mutes the red into a beautiful color. The detail on the top of the dress is pretty, but subtle and I like the flowing skirt. Put on a shrug or a wrap, and you're ready to go. Dress, $52

This dress by Igigi is by far my favorite dress of the lot. It's a bit fancy, but it is so chic and gorgeous. I love this black/lacey/mesh/overlay look that's going on, as you can tell by my cocktail dress choices. I think is the standout of the bunch. Igigi also pairs this dress with a velvet bolero, $38. Dress, $209

Another pretty, full length dress by Igigi. I love this color. The website says it's blue and black, but in the photo it looks more green-ish to me, which is fast becoming my favorite of the season. The length, cut, and drapey-ness of the skirt looks to be very flattering. Dress, $129

A simple and beautiful dress by Torrid. I usually think their dresses are a bit flashy, but I love how clean this dress is. When you zoom in on the dress, the skirt has pretty lacy details. Here's another pretty wrap by Ann Taylor that compliments the Torrid dress. Dress, $80; Wrap, $68.

I. Love. This. Dress. by. Kiyonna. The grape color is amazing, and it's just a fun dress. However, if I were wearing it, I'd be wearing some highpower Spanx because I don't think charmeuse is the most forgiving fabric. But as you all know, I love Spanx. And I love this dress, so I'd do it! If you spend over $150, type in the code DRESSING for $15 off through Thursday 11/30. Dress, $156 (available beginning December 5).

Macy's plus size department is really coming up in the world. Here's a great little black dress that is once again, simple and flattering. All kinds of wraps would look great with this dress as well. Dress, $73.99

I could go on and on with cocktail dresses, and if I find anything really spectacular, I will of course post. I think these are the real standouts of the season so far. So go out, get dolled up, be beautiful, celebrate the season!

1 Comments:

Blogger Alison Santighian said...

my favorite is the violet wrap - so elegant...

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home