Monday, December 04, 2006

Bling Fix

Sorry for the hiatus - I was out of town last week on business.

I can't believe I haven't posted anything on jewelry, because jewelry is my favorite accessory. I was looking around in my bookmarks and here are some finds. B/c ladies, for the most part, it doesn't matter what size you are to rock out the bling.

I love this ring from Stars and Infinite Darkness. It's open in the back so it's adjustable, which is always nice, especially this time of year when it's cooler and your rings seem to slip off a bit easier (I lost my ring briefly while playing with my dog tonight). Another one from the same site, this is a ring inspired by the sparrow that sailors would tattoo on themselves for every 5,000 miles sailed. I love birds in design, and its inspiration is pretty cool.

One of my favorite sites that I found from the amazing Grace Bonney and her design*sponge blog is day-lab. They have really unique and beautiful pieces, and many of them are extremely reasonable. Like these sweet heart and star necklaces? Only $16. The leaf is available in silver and gold and only $12. My favorite is the flying birdie necklace, only $18, since it's a knockoff of the ever classy and gorgous Paloma Picasso's dove necklace from Tiffany's. And the blue box bling, incidentally, is my favorite-st silver necklace and I wear it almost everyday.

Another great site is a DC staple, Unsung Designers, and they have some interesting jewelry as well like this long gold rope with teardrop citrine. One more fabulous site is Moon and Lola - they have several necklaces in the bird design theme like day-lab, and as you can tell, I dig it. I have a major thing for owls and this cloissone one is too cute for me to not post. Moon and Lola earrings deserve a post of their own (actually, I'll probably post about earrings another time), but I love how simple and classy these leaves are, but still different.

And one more from Urban Outfitters. I love this!! And it even incorporates a little birdie on it, and it's only $18. I'm sold! I could post a million pieces, but I'll stop for right now. More to come another time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home